CapitalMark Reports Record Earnings
Chattanooga, Tennessee – January 24, 2013 – CapitalMark Bank & Trust today reported record year-end performance with net income of $6.75 million, an increase of 98.53% over 2011. For the quarter, net income was $1.30 million, representing an increase of 8.36% over the fourth quarter 2011.
“We are pleased to report a strong finish to an exceptional year,” said R. Craig Holley, CapitalMark’s Chairman, President and CEO. Holley continued, “Our growth initiatives, fueled by our accomplished Banker Teams spanning four East Tennessee markets, are producing the top-line revenue results that show our unique model is being replicated effectively.”
2012 AND FOURTH QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Net income for the year reached a record $6.75 million increasing 98.53% over 2011.
- Net income for the quarter was $1.30 million increasing 8.36% year-over-year.
- Income from operations increased 56.43% over 2011.
- Net income per fully diluted common share was $0.16 for the quarter and $0.88 for the year.
- Total Assets grew to $781 million, or 17.96% year-over-year.
- Deposits totaled $673 million, a 17.38% increase over 2011 year-end.
- Loans increased to $460 million, or 26.63% year-over-year.
- Efficiency Ratio was 64.74%, down from 66.20% in 2011.
- Tier 1 Leverage Ratio was 10.73%.
- Net Charge-offs to Average Loans was 0.16%.
- Ratio of Past Due Loans > 30 Days to Total Loans was 0.39%.
- Non-Performing Assets to Total Assets Ratio declined to 0.80% from 0.90% in the prior quarter.
Mr. Holley noted, “We began the new year favorably, as we were recently highlighted in American Banker, a respected industry publication, as one of four banks to watch among the 2007-2008 class of start-up banks. With our growing group of Banker Teams, which are additionally bolstered by Mortgage and Wealth & Trust Services, our core earnings capacity is stronger than ever.”
About CapitalMark Bank & Trust:
CapitalMark Bank & Trust offers a wide range of banking and trust services to businesses and individuals. Founded March 5, 2007, CapitalMark has locations in Chattanooga, Cleveland, Knoxville and Oak Ridge, TN. Additional information about CapitalMark and its full line of products and services can be found at www.capitalmark.com.
Statements made in this press release, other than those concerning historical information, should be considered forward-looking and subject to various risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements are made based upon management’s belief as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, management pursuant to “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Our actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, including governmental monetary and fiscal policies, deposit levels, loan demand, loan collateral values, securities portfolio values, interest rate risk management, the effects of competition in the banking business from other commercial banks, thrifts, mortgage banking firms, consumer finance companies, credit unions, securities brokerage firms, insurance companies, money market funds and other financial institutions operating in our market area and elsewhere, including institutions operating through the Internet, changes in governmental regulation relating to the banking industry, including regulations relating to branching and acquisitions, failure of assumptions underlying the establishment of reserves for loan losses, including the value of collateral underlying delinquent loans, and other factors. We caution that such factors are not exclusive. We do not undertake to update any forward-looking statement that may be made from time to time by, or on behalf of, us.